Next to hard drive discs, electronic data carriers are the most popular choice of data medium these days. They are compact, portable and work with a variety of hardware. Some of these data carriers can only be written-on once. In any case, the question arises how to securely dispose of said data carriers once the stored data is no longer required - just deleting the data may not be enough in view of reconstructive software.
Similar to our document and hard drive destruction services, we provide you with security containers to collect your data carriers. The containers will be filled by your employees on-site until full. If you ordered a key with your container, please attach this to the hook inside the lid and lock the container by pushing the lid shut. Now, the container cannot be opened by unauthorised persons.
As required by you, destruction will be conducted on request or on a regular (e.g. monthly) basis. After collection, the filled containers will be transported to the nearest secure plant and their contents shredded using high-performance desintegrators, meeting the specifications of applicable data protection laws and the DIN 66399 industry standard.
We will be happy to advise you and help you find the suitable container size and lock system for your individual requirements.
Following destruction, you will receive full documentation and a certificate of destruction with your bill.
Rhenus Data Office's service portfolio:
- Copy-protected keys
- An integrated lock system prevents accidents and standard-level manipulation attempts
- All containers are individually barcoded and numbered
- A rigid-body collection vehicle ensures access protection and security of the containers at all times during transit
The collected data carriers are destroyed on the same day without any transshipment or intermediate storage. The entire process of destruction is conducted within enclosed, access-protected and supervised plants, which are equipped with state-of-the-art surveillance equipment. 24/7 CCTV supervision of all process steps ensures the security of your data at all times.
Stationary data carrier destruction is available for the following types of data carriers:
- CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray discs
- Photographic films
- Film sheets
- Floppy disks
- Magnetic tapes
- Storage sticks (SST, USB sticks)
- Chipped cards
Rhenus Data Office - Certified Quality
- All installations of Rhenus Data Office have been certified as disposal plants pursuant EfBV
- All installations utilise a quality management system pursuant DIN EN ISO 9001:2015
- All respective certification may be downloaded in our site's Infocenter section.